This ten-day course in the Monte Amiata region of Tuscany is open to participants at all skill levels from beginners to experienced artists, who are interested in the plein-air experience. We will tailor the curriculum to each student’s needs in our individualized approach.
· Daily workshops and critiques with Joe Giordano and Susan Main: Workshops include painting or drawing in nature or in small villages (en plein air). Participants may join in these workshops or choose to pursue independent study.
· Lodging at the hotel Da Venerio in Castel del Piano, a small, but bustling town at the foot of Monte Amiata surrounded by beautiful medieval hill towns. Castel del Piano boasts a well-preserved medieval center with panoramic views of the Val D’Orcia, markets, restaurants, cafes, bars, and services. It is the home of the famous Corsini bakery.
· Daily continental breakfast and eight dinners at restaurants serving local Tuscan cuisine
· Van with driver to all painting sites.
· Optional Excursions may include Siena with an art history focus, a day trip to a natural spa in the picturesque Val D’Orcia, or a journey to a beach.